Make your call, give your presentation, and listen to your customer!
Now the ball is in your prospect’s court. Listen. Listen. Listen.
Listen carefully to the first few words from your prospect. The first couple of sentences are usually the most spontaneous – and the most revealing. It’s when you’ll hear their true emotions – before the rational part of their brains take over and begins to censor what they say.
· Questions are your best weapon when used properly.
· Don’t dive in asking questions.
· Listen and respond accordingly.
· Ask questions along the line of what the customer has said.
· You need to be sure the prospect understands that you’re looking to uncover his/her pain or hot button.
· If they don’t want to talk – suggest a time that might be better and ask for agreement.